How to Play Game Guide
How to Play Omaha Hi
How to Play Omaha Hi/Lo – Omaha Hi/Lo Poker Rules
Learning how to play Omaha hi / lo reveals that this is a fun version of the poker game. Here are basic rules for the Omaha hi / lo poker.
Overview of Omaha Hi / Lo Poker
Omaha hi / lo is an interesting and entertaining form of poker that today may be played at a variety of online casino locations. The game of Omaha hi/lo is a version of poker that involves the use of two out of four hole cards and three out of five community cards to create a five card hand. The interesting thing to note about playing Omaha hi / lo is that the pot is split in half for the player with the strongest hand and the player that holds the weakest hand that qualifies for the low hand. As is the case with the majority of games, it is worthwhile taking a glance at instructions regarding how to play Omaha hi / lo before entering into action for real money.
Basic Rules of the Omaha Hi / Lo Game
• In Omaha hi / lo, four cards are dealt to each player.
• After each player studies the private cards, a betting round takes place. At this point, a player may choose to bet, raise, call, check (take no action) or to fold.
• Three community cards are then dealt face-up. This part of the game is known as the flop. Three out of a total of five community cards may be used to create a five card poker hand.
• At this point, an additional betting round occurs.
• A fourth community card is then dealt face-up. This is known as the turn.
• Following more betting, the fifth and final community card is dealt face-up.
• The last betting round then takes place.
• It is now showdown time. At this stage of the Omaha hi / lo game, the remaining players reveal their hands. Half of the winnings in the pot go to the player with the strongest hand and the other half to the player with the weakest low hand.
• It should be noted that in the event that there is no low hand among the hands of the players, then the whole pot of winnings goes to the player with the strongest high hand.
Points to Note about Omaha Hi / Lo
The same Omaha hi / lo player can have the strongest high hand and the weakest low hand at the same time.
There are conditions for a weak hand to qualify as a low hand. A qualifying low hand should consist of cards that are only in the denomination of an eight or lower. In addition, no pairs should be included in this hand for it to be considered as a low hand.
The Omaha hi/lo rules for game play are quite simple however, grasping a basic understanding of the Omaha hi / lo game can only help to enhance one's enjoyment of the pursuit.
- How to Play 3-Card Poker
- How to Play 5 Card Stud
- How to Play Badugi Poker
- How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker
- How to Play Guts Poker
- How to Play H.O.R.S.E.
- How to Play H.O.S.E.
- How to Play LowBall
- How to Play Omaha
- How to Play Omaha Hi
- How to Play One on One
- How to Play Pineapple Poker
- How to Play Razz Poker
- How to Play Seven Card Stud
- How to Play Texas Hold 'em